Some organizations prefer to have one or more employees certified to provide basic training and guidance to their forklift operators. This in-depth 2 day program is designed for individuals with previous forklift experience who wish to become effective safety instructors. This two-day program covers forklift safety, legislation, and principles of adult education, including:
- A survey of your facility to determine specific areas of concern to be addressed during training program (e.g. high traffic areas, pedestrian traffic, ramps, loading docks etc.)
- Acknowledgement of company regulations and policies
- In-depth coverage of current legislation and regulatory standard
- In-depth coverage of CSA Standard B335-04 (Standards for Industrial Lift Truck Operator Training)
- Discussion of due diligence (Responsibilities of employers, employees, supervisors)
- Program Design (lesson plan)
- Pre-shift inspections
- Basic principles of stability
- Teaching and demonstrating techniques
- Evaluation processes
- Practical instruction
- Course documentation
- Written and practical examination techniques
This course is suitable to prepare experienced individuals to provide training on one or more of the following: counterbalanced forklifts, reach trucks, order pickers, powered pallet jacks and rough terrain lift trucks.
The standard course will prepare the participant to provide training on one specific type of equipment (please indicate your choice at the time of booking).
Duration – Standard course: 2 days with homework assignment
- On-site at your location
- All successful graduates of this course will receive a wallet size certification card and a wall certificate.
- Additional modules can be added for those who wish to cover two or more equipment types.
- Cost and duration varies, please contact us for details.
SCHEDULING & PRICING
For more information and course scheduling and pricing please contact us.